Wednesday, August 27, 2008



My Mail Box


I know this is a crazy subject to post, but if you continue to read you will understand where I am coming from.

There have been those times where I wished a miracle would show up, and sometimes it does in My Mail Box..

Well, today as I do every day I stopped to check My Mail Box on my way out. We had mail, so I sat idle inside my truck and started going through the mail. I saw a purple envelope, and looked at it for a sec. I am always looking at addresses on my envelopes to see if I know who it is from. Anyways, this address didn't ring a bell, so I opened it. ( We do not give out minor children's names) Inside was a letter from a mother who took the time to send me the prettiest picture that her young daughter drew. She saw Eddie's story, and not only did she send us her picture that she drew she sent her allowance. Whoa! I only wished that the whole world was sitting in my truck when I opened the envelope.

I cried, and thanked God for giving me the strength to do what we do here at Harmony Meadows. To us this is what it is all about. It is about parents teaching their children to be compassionate towards God's animals.

We are blessed with loving adults, but when I see both parent and child willing to help, it just brightens what we are about.


Dear Mother,

Thank you for teaching your little girl to be loving and compassionate towards God's animals. May it be a dog, a cat and yes, even Eddie, we all here thank you so much for your kindness and for your big heart.

Sometimes it gets hard to figure out where or how we can raise the money to pay vet bills, buy feed and hay, but things have a way of working out. We believe in what we are doing, and with families like yours it helps us to continue to work harder saving the horses in need.

1 comment:

cobb7778 said...

Children are so sweet. Isn't it amazing how little it takes for a child to touch our hearts? Maybe adults should take a hint! How many times a day will you think of yourself? How many times a day will you think of others? Now, be honest, how few times a day will most people think of animals in need? It's so easy to pretend they don't exist because you're not a "horse person". They still need food. They still need care and a vet. Even if you are not able to volunteer, why not take two seconds to write a check to help out? Even a child knows that every $5 can help...