Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bay and Dott: My Dogs



Bay Bay and Dippen Dott


Here are our so called guard dogs aka couch dogs. Two Great Pyrenees dogs, brother and sister who both have brought much joy to many people at such a young age.

They hate to get their feet wet when it rains, and love to be around people. They live a simple and happy life here, as they should.

I bought Bay and Dott almost 2 years ago as puppies. They were to be outside dogs to guard the goats and sheep. That never happened, they got their butts kicked by one of the goats, and that was all it took. I couldn't stand seeing them in the heat so I had them come in to stay in the house with the AC. They now guard the couch. They get their run around the property when the weather permits. Bay lives to go to the pond and play in the mud every chance he gets. He looks like a little boy jumping up and down in the mud. Momma said no, but it will be ok, I won't get to muddy. I know she won't get mad. Little does he know I am watching every jump he jumps, and I laugh the whole time he is doing it. What's a little MUD!

Dot, well she would rather not get dirty at all, but still loves to run the pasture. Her biggest thrill of the day is when people come, she thinks they are here to see here and no one else. Oh, she gets so excited and wines and jumps up and down. ME! ME! ME! Pet me! Her Love for kids is unlike none I have ever seen. Dott and Bay love little kids. One on each side, and off they go with the child. It is the cutest thing you ever seen. Most of the kids that visit are smaller than the dogs, now that makes your eyes water at times.

These are my guard dogs of love, and they never go hungry for anything life offers here.

We lost them several months ago when the husband failed to shut the gate as he left to get hay. That was the hardest week I ever had. I missed my babies so much. We had all of Georgia looking for our puppies. Both tagged, we had fliers everywhere and pictures posted on every site we could post them on. When we got the call that they were found I couldn't contain myself. They were ¾ of a miles from the house. When we all got home we piled up on the couch and took a long nap. They have never left my sight since that day.

Now the hair can get to ya after awhile. You can only brush so much and vacuum so many times a day. I keep them trimmed, but not shaved. They are so pretty when they are white. Their hair does not retain dirt for long. They lie down on the hardwood floor to nap, and by the time they wake up you have a ring of dirt where they laid. I go through 2 vacuums a year so far. This time we got a hardwood floor vacuum. One that they use to get the dust up from when the install the wood. Trust me, it will suck the hair off a spiders back. I recommend anyone who owns pets with lots of hair to get one of these. You can get them at a hardwood floor dealership supplier. Couldn't tell you the cost, but it is well worth it. It will be you next best friend to clean.







No comments: