Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Eddie and Little Man




We have been the proud owners of Eddie now for a year. Eddie was rescued by The Department Of Ag. Last year from Pike County. We bought Eddie at the auction in June 07. His story is posted on this blog.

I just have to say that Eddie has given our family and volunteers much love and understanding. We have all learned from him. Yes, Eddie is blind but he has much to give and we except his offerings.

He has taught us that being blind isn't a bad thing you just have to do some things different sometimes.


My Dear Eddie,


You have given me such joy in the last year and I pray we have many more years together. We have learned to be patient, to give to your needs only as needed. To stay out of your way when you know what you want and we don't at that moment. We see the love in your heart. You are my morning Eddie, every morning when I walk outside you are what I see. You take that morning and turn it into a smile.

You make me see just how crazy human's can be when they think they know it all when it comes to being blind.

Here it is a year later and I still hide hay for you to find and we know you know it is there. . And when we try to sneak past you only to get busted. Who are we fooling? Well it isn't you , we are only fooling us. You take the little games we play and enjoy them as much as we do. There is just now way to outsmart you.

I truly respect your friendship with Champ next door. I have never seen a friendship as close as yours. Two geldings living on the other side of the fence from each other spending their days together. I see it when ya'll play face games and when Champ pulls your fly mask off and tosses it to the side. Is that just you asking him to do this for you? I think it is my dear friend. You may not know it , but it makes us happy to see you two do the things ya'll do as friends.

Here lately you have been a real trooper in helping us care for little Man. You have been a friend to him and I love you for that. Now it will be time to say good bye to Little Man. He isn't getting any better and it isn't fair to keep him here for our own reasons. We have all given Little man the love that he deserves when his own owners wouldn't. But Eddie, most of all buddy, you have been the real friend to him. You have given your time to him as a friend, you have given up your extra space for him without a complaint. You have spent your time under your shade trees when it gets hot outside with Little Man when you could be spending it with Champ. You allowed Little Man to share your time with your friend Champ. You are the one we owe the thanks to. You gave something that as people we couldn't give. You, your time and your love and understanding in your horse world. Little Man will go being loved by the best and that is you and all of us here at Harmony Meadows.

Eddie, You are what Harmony Meadows is all about.

I am looking forward to a life time with you and your funny ways. You bring a smile to my heart and sunshine for my day. You touch hearts that will never experience that kind of touch in a lifetime. You are a rare experience and it is breathtaking.

Thank you Lord for bring Eddie to us.

1 comment:

Mrs. Mom said...

Way to go Guys... way to go...

You have my pledge to do all we can to help, as much as we can, as long as we can...