Friday, February 29, 2008

Life Will Soon Begin



02/23/08

Hear at Harmony Meadows we are awaiting the birth of two babies. Mother and daughter are due at the same time. Before I go any further, we did not breed these two mares, nor do we allow breeding here period.

Julie and Meg are mother and daughter; both came to us with two other horses last June. Their owner had passed away. A good friend Cathy trusted us enough to turn the horses over to us.

We have already got the joy of being blessed with a beautiful filly name Little Girl. Her mother Bonita is part of this same heard. Little Girl is five months old now and has quite a personality. Her mother rubbed off on her some. We don't mind; she will grow up to be a strong mare just like her mother. It has to be by far the best feeling in the world to walk out of my house and be able to take in the beauty of a mother caring and teaching her young filly the facts of life. I do say, Bonita is quite the teacher to Little Girl.

Now it is time for Meg and Julie to bless us with their babies. We have enjoyed sharing their pregnancy with everyone here. I am sure the girls feel otherwise different. Meg and Julie are nervous horses, and have come a long ways. With many more mild stones ahead of us now that they have babies coming.

The list of numbers to call after the births will be long. We will only allow short visits for now. I love getting to call everyone early in the morning:0) It will soon be time to get the balloons ready to go out for the world to see as they drive by. When Little Girl was born a hand full of balloons were tied to the mail box "It's A Girl" on the large balloon. Everyone that knew me, but just haven't seen me asked if I were, why heck no! Bonita had her baby:0) The looks were priceless!

The invitations will have to get ready as well. Yep, we have a baby naming party to get ready for too.

I know we are a little out there, but we love to share our special gifts we are blessed with. You should see how everyone's face here lights up. It is something else to see.

I will keep you posted on the births as they come. I say that Julie will have a girl and Meg will have a boy. Soon, we will all know.

So, join us at Harmony Meadows Equine Rescue and share what we love so much.





02/28/08

STILL NO BABIES

I think that when you have to wait on something it's enough to make ya go silly. I have lost so much sleep waiting for these babies to get here. Poor Julie is so ready, I feel her pain. So much goes on in my head at night worrying over when these babies are going to get here. I ask myself often about Julie; I hope she will be a good mom. I hope she can handle giving birth; with this being her first time.

So much time and work goes into making sure that all goes well, and when it comes down to it, there isn't a thing ya can do but wait. Man, that can be a strong word at this point.

Every morning when I go in to clean stalls as well as feed Julie and Meg I take my time and try to share some wonderful sights. Watching the babies move around in what little room is left for them to move. Mom's still eating as their bellies jump around, sometimes they jump themselves. I try to make time to talk to the babies when I know they are up and moving. I know it sounds a little shot-out, but why not.

1 comment:

teddybearlovr said...

hey i ♥ the new baby i hope she will survive she is so beautiful